OP LIVE: Dallas
OP Live is an eSports and gaming event brought to life through a partnership between Egency Global and the SMU Guildhall. This event is more than a simple eSports tournament, it is a community based event. The goal of the event is to entertain and educate gamers, fans, and non-gamers alike on the video game and eSports industries. From how to get into streaming to becoming a game developer to working behind the scenes as an event coordinator, we are focused on letting fans know how the industry works and what opportunities are out there.
As a Member of the OP Live Production Staff, I was responsible for the sizable volunteer effort we would need to pull this event off.
As Volunteer Coordinator I:
- Planned for differing responsibilities of volunteers
- Recruited volunteer leads
- Developed comprehensive training plans
- Recruited over 100 volunteers
- Trained Leads and Volunteers
- Supported other production needs
- Tournament Organization
- Our "Quest" System
- Managed Day-of-event operation of volunteers